This is the of the fruit and vegetable guides – all the seasons now covered. If you’ve missed some in the past and would like to download all of them, you can find them all in the resources section here.
Summer means an abundance of fruit, particularly tropical fruit. And for me, Mangoes especially play a big role on the menu.
Mango chutney, mango smoothie, mango curry and of course, mango savoured on its own – the seed sucked over the sink, dripping juice.
Summer is also the time of the tomato and the over abundance of zucchini. Next week I’ll share a recipe that’s tasty, easy, healthy and uses both these ingredients with a bit of a twist.
As always, with the seasonal guide, there will be some regional variation as to what’s in season when.
Some summer recipes from the blog
- Caramel Peach Upside-Down Cake
- Banana and Yoghurt Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- How to Freeze Zucchini – a step by step tutorial
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Banana, Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks
- Tomato Relish
- Capsicum Salsa
- Mango Chutney
- Best Ever Salad Dressing
- Vegetable Patties
You can download the Summer Season Fruit and Vegetable Guide here or click on the pic.
Have you read these posts?
- what’s in season: australian guide for spring
- what’s in season: Australian guide for winter
- what’s in season: australian guide for autumn
- vegetable gardening guide
- fun frugal summer holiday ideas