This recipe was inspired by a meal I had with a friend recently. She served rice paper rolls, casual style. All the ingredients were placed on the table and we wrapped our own rolls as we ate. Fun. Easy. Tasty.
The best bit for me was the sauce. A combination of sweet chilli sauce and hoi sin sauce. Delicious. Of course, you can put any sauce you like on your wraps, sweet chilli sauce by itself tastes just as good.
I took this idea and what I had in the fridge to make these easy, gluten-free lunch wraps.
In the picture I used leftover roast chicken, but tuna or salmon makes an easy variation. Fresh coriander and crushed peanuts make tasty additions to these wraps, but alas, I was out of these on the weekend when I took the photos.
Here’s how they looked wrapped (a much less glamorous picture, but you get the idea).
Lettuce leave, rinsed
Leftover cooked rice
Leftover cooked chicken (or tuna)
Other sliced vegetables of choice. Suggestions include sliced snow peas, capsicum, cucumber, avocado.
Sauce made from equal quantities of sweet chilli and hoi sin
- Place all fillings ingredients in your lettuce leaf. If you overstuff, it is harder to roll.
- Wrap and enjoy.
Have you read these posts?
- un-boring brown bagging – lunch box solutions
- chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta bake
- chicken and bocconcini pizzas
- bean enchiladas (with a secret ingredient)
- toddler food–Easy cheesy pasta and vegetables