Smoothies are a great way to add a little extra fruit into your diet. They are filling and taste great. While a banana smoothie isn’t anything new and exciting, adding pear to it gives it a bit of extra sweetness and a taste that keeps you coming back for more. Use a nice ripe banana and pear to get the best flavour.
Don’t worry about peeling the pear – the skin provides extra fibre and nutrients and you wont taste the difference once everything is blended. And not peeling it saves you time.
1 pear, cored
1 tsp. honey (optional)
1/2 tsp. vanilla (optional)
2 Tbsp. plain yoghurt
2 cups of cold, filtered water
1 – 2 Tbsp. of oats, LSA, chia seeds, hemp seeds etc. (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
Have you read these posts?
- choc raspberry smoothie
- tropical pina colada green smoothie
- banana, mango and coconut ice blocks
- ‘leftovers’ choc banana cake
- sugar free banana, raspberry and yoghurt muffins