The little fella is pretty good with his vegetables, but broccoli always ends up on the floor. Unless it’s covered in cheesy sauce! This is so easy if you use leftover veg and pasta, otherwise steam some finger food sized vegetables to make this dish. Exact measurements will depend on how much leftovers you have, I find a little sauce goes a long way – just enough to make things tasty but still ‘pick-up-able’ (and ‘clean-up-able’ for mum).
A mixture of leftover steamed vegetables
Leftover cooked pasta (penne makes good finger food)
A slice of onion, finely chopped
1 – 2 tsp butter
1- 2 tsp plain flour (same as butter)
A slosh or so of milk to make a sauce
Grated cheese to taste
- Sauté onion in butter over low heat until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute before adding the milk and stirring well over low heat to make a thick sauce.
- Stir in the grated cheese, pasta and vegetables and heat through.
Have you read these posts?
- chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta bake
- whatever goes pasta
- easy ‘what am i going to cook tonight’ pasta
- cheesy potato topped chicken
- roux the day: Basic white sauce